The Church of the Nazarene is a middle of the road evangelical church. We are Wesleyan in our doctrine. We believe it is necessary to find a personal relationship with God (salvation). We believe it is essential to pursue Spirit-filled living (Entire sanctification). We base our beliefs and ministry on the Bible, the Inspired Word of God. We practice unconditional love for every member of the family of God.
Statement of Beliefs
The Global Church of the Nazarene embraces sixteen Articles of Faith which we believe are essential to the Christian experience:
1. We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, who reveals himself as Father, Son and Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man at the same time, who became like us to bring about our salvation.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, bringing us to salvation.
4. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, giving us all we need to know about how to be saved.
5. We believe that we are all sinners by both nature and act and need God’s forgiveness and cleansing.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and that, by trusting in His death, we can be restored to a right relation to God.
7. We believe that God has enabled us to turn to him from sin but that He has not forced us to do so.
8. We believe that each person must repent, turn away from sin, and trust Christ to accept him or her.
9. We believe that when we turn from sin and trust in Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean, and we a born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
10. We believe that after being born anew, we need to fullness of God’s Spirit in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to him, He cleanses our spirit, fills us with His perfect love, and gives us the power to live victoriously.
11. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, carrying on His mission through the power of the Holy Spirit.
12. We believe in baptism and urge people to be baptized as Christians.
13. We believe in the Lord’s Supper.
14. We believe that God can heal. We pray for healing. We also believe that He can work through medical science.
15. We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again.
16. We believe that everyone will face the judgment of God with its rewards and punishments.